- add yourself to the src group
# sudo vim /etc/group
change the line
note that yourusername is just a placeholder for your Ubuntu username
- install the jam build tool - use FTJam
# sudo apt-get install ftjam
- install the X11 XVidMode development package
# sudo apt-get install libxxf86vm-dev
- create a directory for Argyll in /usr/src , e.g.
# mkdir argyllcms
and enter it
# cd argyllcms
- download latest Argyll version (use a beta version if available)
# wget http://www.argyllcms.com/argyllV0.70Beta7_src.zip
Always watch out on the Argyll website (http://www.argyllcms.com) what the latest version is and exchange the name in the above command
- unzip the downloaded file - watch out: there's no folder created and the content is extracted into your current directory!
# unzip argyllV0.70Beta7_src.zip
- Run the build script
# sh makeall.ksh
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Compiling ArgyllCMS on Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon
That's my log of what I had to do to build ArgyllCMS 0.7b7 from source on my laptop with Ubuntu 7.10.